Sammy Miller Hi-boy Bultaco ....help !

gregr

Hi All

Am looking for anyyyyyyyyyy information , pics , details etc etc on my dream bike , a Sammy Miller Hi-Boy framed Bultaco 250 , I was riding the Ossa MAR 250 at the time this machine was launched and always promised myself I'd try to find one before I got too old .... well am nearly that age so the search is on ... any news great greatfully received !

All best

Greg

[hants]

Ps, If anyone has such a bike would also love to hear from you , even its a "whats it like to ride" ?

Edited by gregr

I had a Miller Hi-boy framed 325 Bultaco when i was in my early teens... was a beast of a thing but great fun. Just phoned my parents to see if they have any pictures of it anywhere.

The one thing i do remember was the footrests... thin things with an upturned lip at the end and didn't fold up i seem to recall. The bloke that brought it off me put 20 stitches in each leg as he slipped off the end of them up a big climb and it dug into his dunlop trials wellies and went all the way up to the knee!!!

ouch sounds painful, am really surprised I've not seen any on e-bay , there's been a flurry of immaculate 250T's going for stupid money and the odd 350 , which at a push I'd buy and seen if Mr Miller would do me a new frame , but with folding pegs !

love to see a pic ..

many thanks Greg

I had a Sammy Miller hi-boy Bultaco and I have a very good black and white picture of it after I had done it up, about two years from new. Originally it had a nickel plated frame but the picture I have is with a plastic coated frame in black; the tank was painted red and black. If you contact me I will scan the picture and e-mail it to you (don't know how to scan it and post it on here!!)