350 Sherpa T Article

brian r

I just picked up a M92 a couple weeks ago. Needs a little care but don't we all?

m92.jpg

Note that the transmission is on the correct side. :o

I still haven't had a chance to figure out what all isn't correct. I think that list will be extensive.

Is the barrel and head correct? I thought it looked like a later barrel.

The forks tubes are not right (not that it's apparent in the picture) but the knurling for the lower clamp is below the clamp.

Someone painted the frame red to make it look like a later model.

It's suppose to run, but I haven't even had a chance to try other than giving it a couple kicks. It has healthy compression.

This bike will actually go to the East Coast for my brother. No one needs more than one trials bike.

A special thanks to Brian for posting the article scans, especially for posting big enough images to actually read it.

No one needs more than one trials bike? Sober up man!

Let me rephrase: I only have room for one trials bike. Well, I would have more room 'cept someone gave me a M26 roller for free. And I was stupid enough to take it.

I actually read the article and I think the barrel is correct, it should just be painted black. The new fin pattern was on the 350s, it's just hard to see in the old photos.

Nice one!

Models 91(250)/92(325) I wish I had a real nice example of one of those, that takes me back to when I was a kid |(15 years of age) and all I wanted for Christmas was one of those!

I see the front page has the bike reversed if you look carefully, the transmission is on the wrong side!

Big John

I wish I had a nice example too <_<... I have 2 running M91s (1 non-restored, 1 restored-ish built from boxes of bits) 1 M91 that is in pieces and a M92 frame in my loft.

Soon I will have a nice example as the bike to be restored is almost original the parts that aren't original are carb (Mikuni fitted from new!), middle silencer (Sammy Miller aluminium).