Wheels

dogma

Could anyone tell me what the offset is for the front and back wheel for a 2001 2.5 i took mine apart thinking i was helping the nice man who was installing my new spokes but instead cocked the job up (how was i supposed to know what offset was??)

Could anyone tell me what the offset is for the front and back wheel for a 2001 2.5 i took mine apart thinking i was helping the nice man who was installing my new spokes but instead cocked the job up (how was i supposed to know what offset was??)

My `99 2.5 front has no offset i assume yours will be the same , so there`s a start, but the rear is offset to the disc side

quite a bit around an inch or so, the exact distance will have to wait a day or two till i turn my tire.. and measure it

is he cutting and threading new spokes, or have you bought a set to fit? these are not common shapes and bends for spokes so i assume (hope) they are for the bike.

if so, and there are two different lengths for the rear , the shorter ones will go to the disc side , the other thing is to get the rim the right way round, but i assume if he knows to ask about offset he can work that one out himself

in summary , the front is straightforward and the rear if you have two different lengths , you wont need to know the offset, just that the shorter spokes go to the disc , if the spokes are correct the offset will take care of itself.

funny story... i took my wheels in to have new tyres and also the spokes nipped up. he said he had snapped some spokes and could i get some more. i siad ok, and got a whole wheels worth. he then charged me

Could any kind hearted individual with a 2001 sherco 250/290 do me a massive favour i need a measurment to rebuild my wheels??!!

you do not have to take them out just put a streight edge along the flat of your disc (long enough to reach the outside of your wheel) and then measure the distance from the inside edge of the streight edge across to the top edge of the alloy rim this will give me the offset for the wheel builder man. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED thanks

swooshdave Posted Today, 01:46 PM

Even with the correct spokes you need the offset measurement.

That would be why I put this part in my previous post.

ZIPPY Posted Today, 01:21 PM

They will probably answer any questions you have.

Just to confirm does your rear wheel have the 6 bolt sprocket with the rear brake caliper on top of the swingarm (versus inboard of the swingarm as on newer models)?

If so will have a dimension for you tmrw.

Hi yes thats the type 6 bolts and the brake on top, i would be forever in your debt thanks

Hilltop motorcycles in earl shilton... be aware they cant even change a tyre!

I was thinking of taking some work their way, but now I won't even though I live about > < that far from them!

Central Wheel in Coleshill are the people I was recomended to about getting wheels sorted.

If the offset has been lost the wheel can be rebuilt in the swingarm/forks and adjusted to centralise to the correct offset. done loads like this !

just putting the spokes in the wheel will not automatically set the offset.

I built a ty80 big 19 inch wheel that had to be built in the front forks last week as the offset had been lost, its not a particularly hard job.

Hilltop motorcycles in earl shilton... be aware they cant even change a tyre!

I was thinking of taking some work their way, but now I won't even though I live about > < that far from them!

Central Wheel in Coleshill are the people I was recomended to about getting wheels sorted.

someone had recommended central wheel to me. I wish i had done it now. oh well you live and learn!