Newbie In Maidenhead - Need Info On Bike And Clubs

dennisvandijk

Hi All,

Just moved to Maidenhead, well about a year ago anyway. Riding a road bike up and down to work everyday but thinking of starting something new in the way of bikes. Thinking about trials and green laning. Green laning seem to be knocked down further and further especially in this part of the country. So Trials could be it.

Does anyone of you have some info on clubs around this area and also what bike should I be looking at. Now don't start yelling the latest and greates makes at me I am pretty low budget and even think I should start with some LDT's. My budget is around a thou and I am not shy of doing some work on a bike.

Let me know.

cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis <_< link below is for the clubs near to you, think you will be in the south Midland Centre.

ACU

Have a look on the TC home page for events coming up or buy a Trials and Motorcross news form the local newsagents, most trials are listed in the back. Go and have a look at an event and have a chat with a few of the guys and gals there, everyone will be helpfull and willing to give advise. I would take a look at a 98-99 Gasser 250 if thats the money youve got, pretty bullet proof bikes, nice and small and easy to ride. Should be able to get a really good one for 1K, Beta Techno's are also good and you may even pick an early rev3 for around that as well.

Make sure the rear suspension linkages/bearings are in good shape on the gassers and no nasty noises or starting problems from any bike. Worth having a look at the water in the rads and ask how much maintenance has been done from the owner. You should get an instant idea if theyve been looked after or not buy just asking what oils do you use in the gearbox,how often is it changed and what premix oil/mix has it been run on. If the reply is what gearbox oil? never, petrol with stuff from the Tesco garage then...you get the idea.

Good luck :D

Edited by The Addict

Thanks for the info given. I will try to get into touch with my nearest club. Anyone reading this that lives in the area and is willing to give some advice let me know. Also another small question, are there any bikes that will be small for a 6'2" guy.

I will try to get things going...