Bike Shipping

jimg

Was thinking of trying to attend the CA National next month (Aug), but the drive is just too long and not able to take the necessary time off from work; I could only take the time to fly. This is probably a common "problem" that many of us National riders have. Any advise/experience as to a shipping company to use to ship my bike? Any knowledge of a trucking terminal or dispatch center in the area of the CA National? Forward Air seems to be a familiar name, but for some reason I heard they now make it difficult to ship motorbikes.

On another note, and being from Michigan, I was thinking of attending the Regional series in Bedford, KY (Dixi Cup), two weeks before the CA National. I don't know of anyone in the mid-west who will be taking the drive out west, but if there's anyone with room to haul an extra bike, let me know and could try to work something out. Just taking a stab in the dark, any advice appreciated.

Try Federal Allied. They put the bikes on pallets and ship them all over the US and Canada. The Link is below. You can get an online quote from them. You would probably have to ship it to Sacramento or Reno. Good luck!

www.funtransport.com/

Jim,

You might want to check a quote from Allied. I know that they have a depot down the road from my house. I had a couch shiped from florida and it was only a couple hundred and the couch weighed about as much as my bike.

http://www.alliedspecialproducts.com/error...otorcycles.aspx

--Biff

See you this weekend.

I think Federal is Allied.