Rotax Reed Induction 350 Engine As Fitted To Jumbo

woody

The reed induction 350 engine fitted to the SWM Jumbo and Armstrong 350 trials bikes was also used in some trail bikes I believe and possibly some motocross bikes as well. Does anyone know which other bikes used these engines? I think they were fitted in some Armstrong/CCM trail bikes but not sure which.

I'm hoping to find a spare clutch cover but it doesn't have to have come from an SWM Jumbo engine, it can come from anything as long as it fits, I don't care if it doesn't say SWM on it. If I knew what other bikes these 350 engines were fitted to I could ring around some of the bike breakers and ask, but at the moment I don't know which bikes to ask about.

Anyone got any ideas?

Possibly Kramer MX bikes that later became Kramit (Italy). If you google Kramer Motocross and follow to 2nd page on the first site you divert to SWM. I have an old Which bike mag and they look similar on gear lever side with kickstart set up etc. It is on the back page of w bike with the Seeley test if you have it ? Just a thought. Cheers

Edited by bo drinker

In addition to whats already been suggested have a look for ATK and also Puch, both of which used the big Rotax 2 stroke

Armstrong produced a "budget" Enduro/trail bike in 1985 that actually uses a Jumbo trials motor.....seem to be a few of these around in the UK.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the responses, gives me something to go on. The Armstrong trail bike is the one I was thinking of, just never seen one, as there is more chance of finding one of those at a breakers than Kramits, Puch etc as I'd guess very few arrived in the UK. Love the picture of the Kramit with the blue engine though if you google Kramer Motocross as suggested by Bo Drinker.

Tried Peter Knight but doubts they are available new anymore.

Armstrong did do a 350 Jumbo trials (badged as a Canam stateside) there is one being ridden in the ACU Classic but he's had a few problems to sort with it so hasn't been at all the rounds. Nice to see one being ridden though.