Another New Boy

cota315r

Hi

Just bought a Montesa Cota 315R. Not sure yet how far I want to go with it. Realistically I'll probably just use it for the odd day out at Tom's farm and anywhere else I can find at first and then when its road registered will probably use it for green laning. Might like to get good enough to join a club but we will have to see how I get on with it!

Been into Moto-x prior to this and have a Husqvarna CR430 (Aka the Swedish Satan) but at the moment I'm not riding it much as I am really struggling to find places in the midlands to ride it as I'm not into big jumps and tabletops etc and the only enduro track I know of is only open on Sunday and I can't do Sundays :-(

BTW I'm from Birmingham UK. Longbridge to be exact.

Anyway thats me. I'll most likely pop up around this site :-)

Cheers

John

Edited by cota315R

Hi John, "Toms Farm" is it still going then? thats a very dark place isnt it!!! theres Earl Shilton club where you can join and ride whenever you want, not too far from brum. Top Farm near Evesham, pm Scorpa3 on here for details, couple of places near Cheltenham not too far off the M5, sure a few on here might be able to help with other venues near to you.

Good luck with the bike, go and have a look at a trial asap and have a chat with the riders, they will point you in the right direction, its a great sport that I have come back to after years of trying others. Get to know a few people from events and you will be hooked, you make the sport what you want of it, our lot compete regulary and have a great laugh week in week out, could never say that about any of the others Ive had a go at.

Hi

Yes Tom's farm is still going and yes it is the same as it ever was!

I have heard of top farm as I saw it mentioned on another site. So I might hunt down details for that. I am thinking of joining ESTC as it seems it would give me some good opportunities to get out on the Monty and get a feel for what I've gotten myself into.

I have found all the people we have been in contact with have been really friendly and helpful. The trouble is the moto-x scene does not seem to be as well organized at local level. Unless I'm missing a trick there does not seem to be as many local clubs with access to places to ride for novices as there are for trials. This was part of the reason why I got the Monty.

Is top farm suitable for crossers as well or is it only for trials bikes? Would be great if i can find somewhere local that I can take the Swedish Satan.

Cheers

John

Edited by cota315R

John,

Top Farm is a good place for trials practice, however it isn't suitable for a motox bike as all of the open fields have livestock in them.

We have built a number of man-made obstacles in the trials practice area which, together with the steep natural sections make is a good place to spend an afternoon or evening.

The owner charges

Hi

Might try and get down there then. I pick the bike up Saturday. But doubt I'll be back in time to go play with it until midweek. Might contact ESTC and see if any of them lot are going there in the near future. I can then provide some cheap entertainment (hey watch the new boy fall off his shiny new bike - talk about got all the gear but not got a clue :-)

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

John