New England Vintage Trials Championship

likebikes

The Rhode Island Trials Club Presents The New England Vintage Trials Championship on Saturday, September 22, 2007.

This event will again be in Exeter, Rhode Island - The site of the 1975 World Round. You will be riding the some of the same sections ridden by Malcom Rathmell, Yrjo Vesterinen, Martin Lampkin, and Mick Andrews. There will be 3 classes: Expert / Intermediate / Novice classes (A level for all skills - Even for those who never rode a trials before.

This is one of the best trials sites in the country.

Dust off that old trials bike and have some fun!

$25 entry fee which includes a great looking T-shirt!

Saturday 9/22: New England Vintage Championship / Sidecar Trials

11 AM START

3 lines/section

No stop rules

Support Class for Modern bikes

ALSO

Sunday 9/23: NETA Modern Trials - 11 AM START

Novice friendly / Expert Challenging Event

Pee Wee and Beginner Sections

Twin shock class

Arcadia Management Area

Escoheag Hill Rd

Exeter, Rhode Island

Presented by the Rhode Island Trials Club

Near site primitive camping on private lot across from state land for a small fee.(no camping on state land)

There is also a full service campground 1.5 miles from site : www.oakembers.com

AMA Membership Required for all events /Trials bikes only / No knobby tires/ No riding on state land before the event.

For Vintage Rules and Directions to site: http://www.ritrialsclub.com

Or call Dave Allen 508-285-6074

AMA SANCTIONED

As a 14 year old I was at the event in 75 and my brother @ 16 competed in it ! He was the kid with the nice full page photo in cycle world !!!

Ragy shirt and all ... So I think I may (powers that be helping) miss the ITSA championship in tn. and take my kids to visit their greatgrammie

in mass. and bring my trusty fantic and ride your event (where i rode a few back in the day !)...

But is the legondary Don Sweet gonna be there ? I bet his kids and/or grandkids ride ?

He was my idol when I rode in the netra on my mini trail yammer when i was a kid and then I moved up to a tl125.............

Boy I miss New england !

Hope I can be there !

Glenn :wacko:

Edited by axulsuv

As a 14 year old I was at the event in 75 and my brother @ 16 competed in it ! He was the kid with the nice full page photo in cycle world !!!

Ragy shirt and all ... So I think I may (powers that be helping) miss the ITSA championship in tn. and take my kids to visit their greatgrammie

in mass. and bring my trusty fantic and ride your event (where i rode a few back in the day !)...

But is the legondary Don Sweet gonna be there ? I bet his kids and/or grandkids ride ?

He was my idol when I rode in the netra on my mini trail yammer when i was a kid and then I moved up to a tl125.............

Boy I miss New england !

Hope I can be there !

Glenn ;)

I don't know if Don Sweet will be there. He does show up occasionally to NETA events and did compete a few years back.

Hope to see you there!