1976 Ty175 Vs 1983 It175 ?

sam

I have a feeling they will both be 66mm dia but it is likely that the IT will have a different dia gudgeon pin. The It will also be tuned different to the TY.

Does the cyl fit on the TY studs ok?

If so, it would be worth a try just to see if it all fitted. Let us know how you get on.

I actually have not recieved the cylinder, seller is checking on what to charge me!

I'm thinking maybe different porting, but just do not know, hope that someone in here has given it a try.

Yes Sir,

My TY175 cylinder that I have is bored to the maximum, I'm very interested, do you have any Idea what price you need to have for the cylinder?

sam

Edited by Sam

I have a feeling they will both be 66mm dia but it is likely that the IT will have a different dia gudgeon pin. The It will also be tuned different to the TY.

Does the cyl fit on the TY studs ok?

If so, it would be worth a try just to see if it all fitted. Let us know how you get on.

The IT175 from the first model IT175 (1977) onwards has a completely different cylinder stud pattern to the TY175. The spacing was made wider to fit a larger reed block than what was in the DT, MX and YZ 125s and 175s that were made at the same time as the TY175.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do, email me at trialsmm@hotmail.com

I think it would need a 4th over piston?

I have a new head and base gasket. all could be had for $35.00 plus shipping. Size of cylinder would be garrenteed to be usable.

The $20.00 without gaskets.

Mick