Vauxhall Combo - Will Bike Fit In?

twistandnogo

Hi

I'm a bit stuck for transport at the moment so am thinking about hiring a Vauxhall combo van (company only supply these or astras) for the weekend.

Anyone know if I can fit a bike in without removing anything?

Any suggestions as to the best way to fit it in? Corner to corner, need to compress forks etc.?

Totally new to using small vans like this so any help at all appreciated,

thanks.

Used one of the 1.3CDTI's to get down to Surrey for the A/B National. We had a Gas Gas 125 and it fitted. You will have to put it diagonally across the van and watch the levers and handle bar ends as they touch the side of the van if it isn't very secure though.

I own a new shape combo and a 250 gasser, which fits in without any problems corner to corner. The other replies are correct in that you will need to watch the handlebar grips when loading but once there is compression on the forks(when securing the bike) the handle bars should be clear of the vehicle. Hope this helps.

Ive got a new shape one .

If you take the cage out of the back you can get two bikes in, I manage every weekend with a 4rt and a sherco. 1st bike put the front wheel between the seats a little and back wheel in the corner (drivers side), second bike goes in backwards an putr some lock on to get the door shut.

easy and a great little van