Classic Experts Trial

subira

Runs on the Saturday of remembrance Sunday weekend by Malcom and Anne Bates of Rhayader club. Road trial which takes place around Rhayader for classics using some of the sections used in the British Experts, British Championship and World Round from the 60s and 70s. Two routes with a class for pre65 and twinshock on each route.

Good trial, good sections, mainly rocky streams but a bit of mud and a few climbs too. Very enjoyable and well worth entering.

one of the top trials of the year, usually around 20 miles in length and around 30-35 sections. Not seen the regs from Malcolm yet, but yep enter.. Two routes and two classes, pre-65 and twinshock.

If you want to relive Gavin on my Honda TL125 (he decided to enter as we arrived and after i bought him breakfast :-), then

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hey Subira did you ride at Rhayader yesterday? Another top day out by the Bates family.

Well chuffed at my ride cleaned the dreaded left hand step at cefnllyn, made me bloody day did that!!

Hats off to Thorpy going round for 1 all day! ;)

Hey Subira did you ride at Rhayader yesterday? Another top day out by the Bates family.

Well chuffed at my ride cleaned the dreaded left hand step at cefnllyn, made me bloody day did that!!

Hats off to Thorpy going round for 1 all day! ;)

heard you rode well on the Majesty, once it surfaced from the 3rd section of the day...

another brilliant day out; that Dave Thorpe going round for only 1 is rather awesome ....

All i can say is what a dissapointed i was with this trial. i was halfway down in the experts class and i managed to finish the trial before most of the gentelmen riders had even finished. there where too may riders waiting for the sections to ease up. some of the sections where so bad that even riding on my gasser i'd have struggled. the only thing i can suggest to improve this trial is a time limit. which with the riders setting off a minute intervals i thought would have been in place. i feel sorry for the observers who had to wait around all day for the hangers on to arrive. i'd like to see who where the last riders to finish. i bet they're all on very little marks.