Ty-s 175f

scorpaluva

Hi all , my first real post in this forum,

I have nothing that special to say , but just wanted to share the start of my MC trials career of with u all , im 49 years old (ohhhhh that hurts saying that !! ) ive been riding trials 'push bikes" for quite a few years and still love it , but that is starting to hurt also ! so have bought a Scorpa tys 175 from South Australia from a gentleman who rides trials there (im unsure if he would appreciate me mentioning his name on here? so for now ill call him mr X) a genuine man who stuck to his word in every sence with the selling of the bike over the internet, the bike arrived in the very condition he said it was in , Near new in my opinion and i just love it !!! I added fuel -checked the oil , two kicks and off i went .

Im very new to MC trials (in fact i have no idea) its very different to what im use to ! but im enjoying what im learning , i have an awful long way to go , but from experience i will get better as im in no rush to be good , just enjoying the ride (so to speak )

I will keep you posted as to my progress, and im sure ill have loads of questions to ask on here.

Cheers for now

I am new to trials too, I bought an old TLR200 a couple years ago & am looking to get something new at the beginning of January. I started riding motorcycles many years ago but trials is something I wish I had been more aware of & been active in along time ago too.

I first rode a trials bike 2 years ago, I am 39 now. when I went to watch a few trials to get to better experience & understand the scene I saw & spoke to a number of blokes in their 60's & another bloke who was 70 who still enjoyed riding.

There were young blokes of 19/20 and all ages inbetween. This is great I thought, it was really inspiring to know that I was only then 37/8. 49 is nothing afterall some of these blokes were only in their late 60's. To hell with age, it brings restrictions yes but as long as you are fit & able its all in the mind.

As I say i am not exactly a veteran of trials but if I could take the liberty to be the first to say welcome & enjoy?

It's true, age doesn't matter, that's the great thing. I only started last year ( age 35 ). Wish I'd started years ago but hey, I'm just glad I got stuck in. I've met some great people and enjoyed some great sport. It's one of the most friendly sports I've eve come across. I'm riding an SY250 now and loving it. I'm quite astonishingly crap but I'm getting better and having a hoot.

Positive feedback !! I love it , Thanks

In reply to your question BIGDAMO . being new to mototrials its hard to compare to bike trials the biggest difference ive found is the weight factor with mototrials , its easy to throw a pushy around compared with a motorbike and i notice there is a big difference in the body language needed for the two also , i can balance my pushy in all kinds of conditions(without even thinking about it) but cant for the life of me balance the mc even under perfect conditions (yet) i think i would be better of answering this question a year or two down the track,

cheers

So would it be fair to say moto trials is good grounding for bike trials.As opposed to the other way around.

Hi Bigdamo, sorry for the delay in replying ,

Im guessing that it would be a good starter for bike trials, although the fact that bike trials is powered by your legs rather than a motor will make a big difference in your transition , but you will love the weight factor of the pushy , so so light compared !!! im slowly getting the hang of the moto , although my wrists are paying the price ( but i remember that happening when i started on the pushy also !) hopped over my first log today on the moto , not huge , but it was a challenge .

Cheers

• 14 years later...