Sherpa 198a Engine ..what Carb You Running + Electrics ?

gregr

Hi Guys

Have a 198A 250 Sherpa , with all sorts of issues , has [i believe] a VM26 Mikuni carb which I think is ready to hit the scrap-heap , wrong slide cut-away [#3] wrong pilot jet #30 thats just for starters .... has had me going round in circles so going to buy a new carb , question is should I stick with the Mikuni or try something else .... if anyones using a VM26 , would love to know what your basic settings are before I loose it !

Next major issue is the "spark" ... had the Mag off today and the coils look like they;re been in a battle field and lost , lots of scored insulation on both coils LT & Lighting [not used] so they are knackered ... next question , repair the stator with fresh LT Coil [will remove the lighting one for good] points , condensor or junk it all in favour of an electronic ignition kit ?

If the answer is YES go electronic whos kit to use and are they easier to set-up than the points system !

Many thanks in advance of your replys , had nothing but trouble with the bike this week and would love to see the end of the tunnel soon !

All best

Greg

Ps, if nothing else my leg muscles are toning up from all that damm kicking lol

Greg,

Contact Dave Renham at Bultaco UK about the electronic system he has available from stock. Fit and forget...

Also PM me and I will put you in touch with someone who has alternative carbs available!

Big John

Cheers John , its got a lot worse this this post , engine now in a 1000 parts , reason , crank seals are completely shot ! ..

looks like Dave & Co are gonna have a good christmass lol

Ps, thanks for all you help so far ... I ow you a few beers already !