Boat In Section

jimg

Well, if finally happened.... Only in the Great Lake state of Michigan is where you'd find a boat incorporated in a section. Club Metro, of the Michigan Ontario Trials Association hosted a great event this past weekend and used a boat as an obstacle in a section! It was about a 16' V-hull fiberglass fishing boat flipped upside down... I've never ridden anything as slick! As more rides were taken onto the boat it began rock side to side adding more challenge. I guess it's a change of pace from the cars we use to ride on. Great event club Metro!

Yep that boat was great,

For the Advanced class side of the boat the Metro club had sprayed some sticky, bumpy, grippy type paint at the front part of the boat so we could get some traction to get on, but at the other end no spray stuff, and it was slick to try and raise the front wheel just a little before coming off the boat. I watched a couple Experts just slide and spin on their side of the boat, it was very slick. Gotta agree though good event as always.

125 points out of a max 200

is that good?

I had a blast though.

Our German Compadre Martina is emailing me a picture tonight. I will post the picture when i get it.

That damn boat cost me a point each loop! I couldnt believe how slick it was. I even tried tossing some sand on it with little sucess :(.

The v hull in the front was at an angle where it would kick you about 3 inches sideways and the experts had to cross the keel which was only about 3 inches high but you had no traction to hop over it with. Very cool. (i cant believe i am using nautical terms on this forum)

--Biff

I kept brushing off dirt each loop, looked like somebody was throwing dirt on it? :)

HEY you j#rk! :( I was putting sand on there to grab traction! hahahahahahahah thats funny! read my post above yours hahahahahahahahah!!!! I was being pretty sneeky about it too. I would put power ade on the bottom of my boot and step in the sand then drag it up on the boat...It didnt help at all..... hahahahah I even tried to do a burn out wiht my foot down once but my front tire was sliding too much and i almost drove the bike off the other end. Thats funny! Biff and Sam need to communicate more thats what i get from that.

--Biff :)

Sam,

I had heard that the property in Rose City is awesome! I am assuming (never a good thing) that the loop will be a good length, due to enduros, dual sports, and such being run on the property. If they continue the nautical theme, I would suggest a set of Scuba gear and a long snorkel for the bikes intake and exhaust. Propably gonna ride over a submarine next. It would be like a large log. :(

Stupid me hit the "add reply" button twice so I am now editing my second post to cover up my stupid mistake and now no one will know what I did. I am so sly.

:(

Edited by ZIPPY

Glad everyone enjoyed it. We (well, I) wanted to put everyone but our 2 bottom classes over it, but an executive decision was made to only put the top two. :) I don't know what the problem was, on 3 attempts, I only endo'ed once! :(