2007 Sherco 125

johnkennedy

Hello,

I bought a 125 sherco 07 on saturday and firstly i would like to say i love it. before I had a gasgas pro, the sherco makes the pro feel sluggish and huge, as soon as I went on it I had to have it.would reccomed to any youth in look of a more powerful bike (there is no need to change to a 200 or 250) these bikes realy have guts all through the rev spectrum (ps I weigh abought 9st 7lb or 60 kg)

Before this, the gasgas got a quick hose after every ride, chain lubricated and left in shed. the air filter was cleaned every 3 weeks(5 or 6 rides) this along with gear box oil change and a general luberication. if something broke or was worn, it was replaced.

Some people have told me to a sherco will requre much more mantinence, a spray with silicone or WD40 (all over) after every cleaning(ie every ride) plus what was done above.

The question is, is this true and what else should i be doing, is there any problems that happen to these bikes oftenly that I should keep an eye on

cheers john

Grease the suspension and steering head bearings as I don't think the Sherco factory possess a single pot of grease. Also remove every bolt and put some copper slip on the threads. The quality of the fixings is appaling, I think they make them out of fudge, within in a few months they will sieze slightly, when you come to remove them the inside of the allen bolts will round.

I hope I am not being unfair to Sherco build quality but this was the case with my 05. Then again things may have changed!

Youre right though there a nice bike to ride.

Regards Scraggydog

There are lots of info on here including the RYP and Sherco sites as far as good preventive maintenance. Much depends upon your operating environment, weather muddy or dry? Lube it ALL initially!

Not unlike a gasser or any other, you get what you give!

As you should ALWAYS inspect the airbox for water after a wash, it is just easier to take off four screws, pull the mudguard and tank and filter. Plug the filter/ air inlet and exhaust and fuel line and wash away! A blow dry helps, using air!

Spray the chain, spoke nipples, peg pivots, rear brake pivots, kickstand,and header pipe and other parts with WD-40 to keep them looking good and working well and prevent corrosion! :D

Edited by copemech

When you clean a Sherco with water, every time there comes water into the air filterbox.

Use some tape for over the holes in the mudgard.

There are some other things to do, when cleaning by water, but that's for every bike the same I think.

Search also on the Sherco webpage for Wayne Thais. He wrote a lot of articles about Sherco maintenance.

www.sherco.com