Greeves Questions...

biffsgasgas

Ok so I am ventureing into a world of desicration.

My father has 3 full greeves. 2 Anglian's which we both ride in AHRMA trials. Beautiful bikes and won't be touched.

1 challenger which is a good runner.

Then we have bike X. Just a frame with earls forks, 19" rear and 21" front.

We both think that it is a challenger frame.

Dad has had this think sitting in the trophy room looking haggered for a while.

A different seat was put on at one time and bungs were welded to the frame.

We got to talking and he asked what i wanted to christmas.

I suggested that frame. He thinks that i am nuts but knew that i was his son so i think he is agreeing.

I have a donar honda tl 125. I want to have that bored out to 150cc and gone over then install it in this frame. (DON'T SHOOT!)

Basically turn this into a Hondeeves or a Gronda... haven't decided on a name yet.

Here is my question. I am seriously pondering purchaseing a reproduction greeves tank from england. Has anybody bought one and does anybody know how many pounds one cost?

I pick up the bike on christmas and strip it down by the end of january. I hope to make this an AHRMA 1 line bike. Its a dream at this point but with a lot of work i think it will become a reality. I plan on keeping it an earls fork.

Silly? Yes... Hellafun? Heck yea!

--Biff

Ok so I am ventureing into a world of desicration.

Hi Guys.

Here is Greeves web site Tanks.

http://www.greevesmotorcyclesltd.com/parts5.html#tanks

Regards Charlie.

My father has 3 full greeves. 2 Anglian's which we both ride in AHRMA trials. Beautiful bikes and won't be touched.

1 challenger which is a good runner.

Then we have bike X. Just a frame with earls forks, 19" rear and 21" front.

We both think that it is a challenger frame.

Dad has had this think sitting in the trophy room looking haggered for a while.

A different seat was put on at one time and bungs were welded to the frame.

We got to talking and he asked what i wanted to christmas.

I suggested that frame. He thinks that i am nuts but knew that i was his son so i think he is agreeing.

I have a donar honda tl 125. I want to have that bored out to 150cc and gone over then install it in this frame. (DON'T SHOOT!)

Basically turn this into a Hondeeves or a Gronda... haven't decided on a name yet.

Here is my question. I am seriously pondering purchaseing a reproduction greeves tank from england. Has anybody bought one and does anybody know how many pounds one cost?

I pick up the bike on christmas and strip it down by the end of january. I hope to make this an AHRMA 1 line bike. Its a dream at this point but with a lot of work i think it will become a reality. I plan on keeping it an earls fork.

Silly? Yes... Hellafun? Heck yea!

--Biff