Bantam Trials Silencer.

bantworm

Hi. Does anyone have a detailed dimensioned diagram for the building of a silencer box for a Bantam B175 trials, using a standard large bore high level front pipe. I have seen a number of nice examples on classic trials websites, but would appreciate help, as I cant find much in the way of trials mods available for the humble Bantam. I would also appreciate a few pointers regarding gearing for the B175 box. Managed to find an 11t front final drive sprocket and a 58t rear but I have heard that it is a good idea to swap 2nd and 3rd gears round before re-assembly of the box takes place. Its all a tad confusing and I'd like to sort the engine next. Hope someone can assist with these questions. Cheers.

Seems the humble Bantam is considerably more humble that I first thought. Should have stuck to my Bullets, but I am a Bantamite too. I bought an adapted bantam sports standard silencer recently, and I'm going to adapt it a bit more before re-chroming, then run it high with an up and over front pipe i'm fabricating. As for the gearing on my B175 donk, I had some very useful advice from RCR Villiers in Atherstone, who well be rebuilding my crank, so sorted a few things out. Enjoying the forum.

Hi Guy's

Hi Bant-etc,

If you are going to use a road bantam silencer, for your bike you may find that the baffles are to good , this will restrict the bikes top end ,mostly when doing long climb's the works "Red T1" and "Red T2". used these to start with, but then fitted PECO type boxes. I think Mick Bower's always used this type. hope this help's a bit.

Best Wishes for Xmas and New Year.

Regard's Charlie.

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the information regarding the baffles. I had wanted to use a box type silencer but was not sure if the 4 stroke items available would do the job. Was concerned about the lack of back pressure and the inability to pack the thing a little. Kind regards. Steve.