Fitting Brakes Pads!

ty250henry

My bike needs a new set of brake pads font and back (Aprilia climber 280 r) how easy is it to do and can any one give me any tips?

or is there a video on youtube atall on fitting brake pads i have found loads for road bike on there but is this the same as a trials nike?

I have also had to bleed all brake fluid out of the back brake does this make a diffrence and i have the fluid to fill it back up!!

Many Thanks

Henry

i've never owned one of theses so please forgive me if i'm wrong. most bikes use the same principles. the front you just remove the axle pin by loosening the bolts and sometimes unscrewing with an allen key. drop the wheel and on the caliper remove the pads. they usually only held on by one place so just slide them off. undo the master brake cylinder on the handle bars and push the piston within the caliper as far back as it will go. insert new pads and rebuild wheel as removed ensuring the pads sit ok on disk. then pump the brake till the pads have no spongyness left they shouldnt need bleeding and may need fluid filling/removing. the rear is exactly the same but more akward as you have the chain and the caliper often slides within locators. make sure you check the brakes before riding. :rolleyes: