Kill Switch Wires?

beta bodger

I have decided to take off the standard clumbersome kill switch/lighting thingy and was wondering which wires control the engine kill switch. The one I have bought has a black and a purple coloured wire.

Does anyone have an english wiring diagram or know which colour wires in the original assembly control the kill switch?

P.s The bike is an 06 cabestany.

The black wire is the kill switch.

When you remove lights & cumbersome control box you end up with 3 yellows which must be connected. On later models you can just cut the lom off but on earlier ones tou needed to connect the 3 yellows.

Preume the purple on the kill switch is to earth

Ok a bit confussed. You say three yellows but ive only got the following wires that feed the handlebar mounted kill switch and light switch:

Black

Yellow & Green

Yellow

Brown

Blue

The front light has been taken off together with the controls for the brake light that attaches to the front brake lever.

I have managed to find a wiring diagram on the sherco site but its in Spanish! :o

My new kill switch has a black and a purple wire.

From what your saying I should connect my black wire to the one on the new kill switch and then connect the purple one to where????

The yellow/green is ground.

The black wire, ign module mounted under the tank needs to be connected to the black of your kill switch, then the purple of your kill switch needs to be connected to the bolt on the frame, top left side of radiator, there should be a few yellow/green connected to ground at this point.

You can't get the kill switch wrong even if you put the wires the wrong way round, because it is just a single line to ground that the switch completes when pressed.