Sherco Cabestany Stalling Problems......

ally

i have a sherco albert cabestany 06,the last time i was trialing on it,it stalled about riding it for about 30 mins,couldnt get it to go again at teh trial,came home with it cleaned out the carb gave it a service,yesterday whilst out trialing on it after 20 mins of the bike running it went off,changed the plug after the second kick it started again,it ran for about 15 mins then it stalled again,couldnt get it to kick over still after about 15 kicks still wouldnt,so i bumped it and it went,switched the bike off while waiting then it wouldnt go again,put a new plug in it went again then after about 20 mins then stalled again,came home with teh bike started after about 11 kicks ran for about 10 mins switched it off,then wont start again please has any 1 have any ideas what this can b it has me mad,,,,,,,left to rottt

I hate problems like these! Most people will tell you (once everything is checked and clean) that its either carburation or electrics.

Sounds electrical, but you will have to either get it into a bike shop or try and diagnose yourself. Either way be prepared for it to not work first time.

It does sound more electrical than fuel, look at the obvious first

Check all the electrical connections, clean the earths, check plug, cap and coil lead. if these don't make any difference get the coil, cdi and stator checked with a multimeter.

The thing that makes the problem harder to find is that it's a stinkin intermitent fault!!!! :shutup:

Could be the stator.Symptoms of a dodgy stator are bike runs for 20mins then stops.wont start `till engine has cooled.Start engine again,stops again ofter 20mins.

I had this problem on my 290,new stator sorted it.

Hope this helps :shutup:

Also check for chaffed wiring in the area under the fuel tank,my mates bike had problems with this,but it was the cooling fan that wasnt coming on due to a chaffed wire earthing out,worth a look though

Edited by dabomb

hi....

just want to thank every body on there advice on my sherco i will try all of the following info ,people have kindly gave me .. if none of these work its getting left to rottttt ..

thanks again ally