Front Fork Questions

shercowarrior

Hi.

I have a question for all the Sherco owners out there.

I just changed the oil in both legs of my 250 '03, but am getting conflicting opinions as to whether there should be air in the forks or not?

Some say compress the forks and let all air out then tighten the bleed screws. Others say extend the forks and then tighten the bleed screws.

Does anyone know for sure which is the correct method? :thumbup:

Hope you can help.

Cheers.

This is what I do ,dunno' if it's correct but... after I've washed the bike I sit it on a crate so the front wheel is off the ground and leave it for a while :thumbup: ( I've only used it three times this year so it has been a while) :lol:

Next time I return to my bike I crack open the blue caps and let the air out..sounds like I've opened a can of coke..re-tighten caps and Robert is very much your mothers brother ^_^

Hi.

I have a question for all the Sherco owners out there.

I just changed the oil in both legs of my 250 '03, but am getting conflicting opinions as to whether there should be air in the forks or not?

Some say compress the forks and let all air out then tighten the bleed screws. Others say extend the forks and then tighten the bleed screws.

Does anyone know for sure which is the correct method? :thumbup:

Hope you can help.

Cheers.

The screws on the top of your 2003 forks are intended to release the air from them.

As the manual says:

"The exclusive Paioli front fork includes an air exhaust valve located on the blue plastic cap on top of the fork leg. We strongly recommend to remove all the extra air inside the front fork to have the best performances and smoothness every 5 hours of function."

If you don't have that manual, I suggest you download it. Here's the link from Sherco: http://www.sherco-moto.com/downloads/service/03_manual.pdf

Hugo

Edited by hugo