Hello All There's A New Kid On The Block!

wrinkleyp

Hi, - Not so new actually, Born 1944 so ancient really. Used to ride in the 60's & 70's but never very good only ever managed to win a novice event. Had a Fanny B, then two DOT's and finally a 1973 Sherpa.

Having a nostalgic trip down memory lane - second childhood I guess! Have nearly finished restoring a Bultaco Sherpa T 199a.

Scared myself half to death when I first rode it. Guess I'll have to learn all over again if my arthritic old body will let me -heart bypass, new knee and new hip!!!

Having a problem at the minute trying to repaint my plastic tank. Looked absolutely great until I left petrol in it. MAGNIFICENT BLISTERS! It's stripped again ready to try a plastic adhesion promoter so we'll see.

ANY ADVICE WELCOME.

Nice one wrinkly, hope im still riding at your age, but the way im going I dont even think ill be doing anything by then! keep up the good work mate.

Where abouts do you live? some people might be able to reccomend a few practice spots for you.

All the best

Tom

Edited by tombo46

I found some advice regarding painting plastic tanks on a French Fantic website - If you can make any sense of it.......might be enough info to research further?

TANK

The 240 petrol tank is in "thermo-plastic". This material can't generally be painted. A friend's got a solution for a very good result.

1)Sandpaper n

Hey Wrinkley

A man after my own heart, just had a new hip myself, also restoring a Fantic 200, 240 and a 305 and also glossed a plastic tank on the 200 although it hasn't started blistering yet. Used to ride in the Midland center during the 60's - late 70's before migrating to Aussie in 1980. Which center did you ride in.?? Usually get back to Uk every year and look up a few old mates.

Let us know how you get on with the plastic tank

Regards

Twinshock (AKA Roger Galpin)