Wetherby & Dmc Filtrate Trophy

Up there I think the novice will ride the hard route, but that doesn't mean that it will be easy. the grading system works differntly to how it does down here in the south.

I am not sure exactly how it works, but the novices ride the same sections as the top boys like Dan Thorpe, the Hemmingways, Austemhule etc. I am sure I remember reading somewhere once that someone like James Lampkin was still technically a novice within his centre!

If you are in doubt I would go with the easy route option.

Ride the easy route as the hard course will most likely be too trick & too big for you. It's a waste of time doing stuff that's way beyond you as it doesn't get you fit, only frustrated.

Novices ride the hard route in Yorkshire Centre gradings & I haven't been good enough or daft enough to do that for the last 8 or 9 years.

We're running a 2 laps of a decent ride round on the 20th, go to RMC website for regs as it's a pre enter event with a limit on it, ride the green course.

On the 27th go to the Westmorland Trial as I understand it's a good ride round, again pre enter with details front page on TC. Although Stocksbridge will be nearer for you.

Probably either 2 of 20 or 3 of 12(ish). Parking is a problem hence the limit. I posted an entry for NYL on Monday for the Hard course so hopefully he's in but I would ring up Margaret to check if you are in as they were giving priority to Hard Course riders.

As such in Centre trials the graded Novice, Intermediate and Expert riders (and these days a lot of A and B Class) riders ride the Hard course. Everybody else rides the Clubman course.

Well That proved a tough one. I followed NYL round on the first lap and the sections were top class. They even managed to Stop the top riders. I wouldn't expect any scores below 15 and wouldn't be surprised to see the leading riders well into the thirties.

Clubman course was a good choice, especially with the day I had.....

First thing, I awoke to find that 2 of the fence panels in my back garden have been blown out, then I drove to the trial and ripped the back box of my van on the way up the track, then I got stuck, then I started the trial and there is no way I can describe my riding on here as it is a family site! Lets just say that a blind man with no arms and legs could have done better, finished the trial, packed up, got stuck again! got home and the missus was on!!!!

Good trial tho, was a nice change to have a bit of a ride round between the sections, big thanks to the wetherby & DMC :rolleyes:

Got some results from the Yorkshire Post.

I wasn't far out on the 30 marks but Dan Hemingway just fooled me with the Best Performance award on 27

Ben was second on 30 followed by Wayne Braybrook on 46 and Danny Gamble on 56 (Expert Course)

Best Intermediate was P Kettlewell on 119

Best Novices were R Harker on 105 D mawer 112 and Glen Scholey on 120

A class Hard course Winner was NYL on 89.

On the Clubman course M Wilson took it on 39 just pipping J Moorhouse on 40 and H Gulley came in third on 51

Youth A Sam Yeadon dropped a creditable 63 and Danielle Whitham came second on 146.

That Track gets me as well I carry the bike on the back of a Almeira and have to swop ruts to avoid grounding. Only Post Hill's entry is worse!!

I'd make for the Cobb & Jagger Trophy in early Feb if you liked that one. Parking's on the roadside so you should be ok and the sections are in a Stream area and the wooded valley it drops into. Good ride round and the exit from the wood is almost as entertaining as the sections. The Venue is between Bingley and Keighley.

Edited by Telecat

I'd make for the Cobb & Jagger Trophy in early Feb if you liked that one. Parking's on the roadside so you should be ok and the sections are in a Stream area and the wooded valley it drops into. Good ride round and the exit from the wood is almost as entertaining as the sections. The Venue is between Bingley and Keighley.

Sounds good :rolleyes:

which club? is it enter on the day or pre-enter?

Sounds good :shutup:

which club? is it enter on the day or pre-enter?

It's a Yeadon Guiseley so you can do either although it will be more expensive on the day. If you like the longer trials without going to the Scott and SSDT extreme then watch out for West Leeds Stan Pitts Trophy, Nutexa and White Rose Trials. These are usually held up near Kilnsey and Halton Gill although planning restrictions have meant they have had to move them some years. Bradford do some up there as well so they are worth watching for. Craven's Centre/group Trials at Cawder Hall Farm can have a bit of distance as well. I'm sure if you ask in the UK section there will be some recommendations.