Budget Restorations

vaughan

After completing an Ossa TR 350 last year (1st restoration) i wanted to give it another go, however the Ossa cost me quite a lot of money so i wanted to see what could be achieved on a tight budget.

I had a Yam TY 250 in the back of the Garage and i bought a little Montesa Cota 200 for

I like the way you show what you are doing to the bikes as you go. I'm usually too keen to finish to stop and take photos along the way but your show and tell webpage has motivated me so a current resto (M198 Sherpa T) is getting the progress photo treatment.

When you put the front guard back on the TY, please put it on the other way round even if it means ending up with holes where the mudflap was.

Yes you should use tank stickers that look right - even if they are for a different model TY250. You have invested lots of effort already in the paint job and it would be wasted if the tank ended up looking strange. If those stickers in your "goal" photo are too expensive, the yellow and white TY250B paint scheme looks great and the correct stickers for that would only be about 5 pounds and the pinstripe less than 1 pound.

I like the way you show what you are doing to the bikes as you go. I'm usually too keen to finish to stop and take photos along the way but your show and tell webpage has motivated me so a current resto (M198 Sherpa T) is getting the progress photo treatment.

When you put the front guard back on the TY, please put it on the other way round even if it means ending up with holes where the mudflap was.

Yes you should use tank stickers that look right - even if they are for a different model TY250. You have invested lots of effort already in the paint job and it would be wasted if the tank ended up looking strange. If those stickers in your "goal" photo are too expensive, the yellow and white TY250B paint scheme looks great and the correct stickers for that would only be about 5 pounds and the pinstripe less than 1 pound.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions 'Feetup' I will go with your opinion on the Stickers, Im going to the Classic dirt bike show at Malvern in Feb i hope to pick up the missing bits for both bikes,

Send me a few pics of your Sherpa T when you get time,

Cheers,

Vaughan.