Rubber Hose?

superhondaman

most large trade motor factors will have selection of generic hoses in stock, different sizes bends ect., if you get a friendly one i am sure they will let you buy a few to take home and try then return what you dont need.

I've only ever used radiator hoses for all inlet tracts, including those where you join the carb to the head (ie, downstream of petrol flow), and never had any sort of problem - if you think about it, any under-bonnet hosing would need to be oil/petrol resistant. The one on my Sunbeam's been there for about three years now with no trouble.

Samco do a vast range of silicone hosing for air and oil/fuel applications. Pricey but well worth it in my opinion as it lasts for years. www.Merlinmotorsport.co.uk do mail order and list most of the samco sizes available on their website.

I've only ever used radiator hoses for all inlet tracts, including those where you join the carb to the head (ie, downstream of petrol flow), and never had any sort of problem - if you think about it, any under-bonnet hosing would need to be oil/petrol resistant. The one on my Sunbeam's been there for about three years now with no trouble.

Yes, good quality industrial and automotive rubber hose bought from the reel nowadays is usually ORTAC (oil resistant tube and cover). It's not too bad with high temperatures either. I have had some on an exhaust join (main section to muffler on a 2 stroke) for 5 years now without any problems either.

• 4 weeks later...