Home Built Trial.

andreest

Welcome to TC Andre.

Don't let me put you off building a classic bike, but to get one that is reliable and competitive, you will need to spend as much as a fairly decent second hand modern bike.... possibly a lot more!

If cost is the main factor for going the classic route, it's worth doing all your sums before starting and you will see what I'm getting at.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Andre, a lot depends on just what you can lay your hands on. Most classic trials bike were just road bikes converted so in theory any road bike could be converted, a lot will depend on what you want to do with it, are there many trials in Estonia, if so what do other people ride?

An old trail/enduro bike could be a good place to start if your just wanting something to practise on.

Give us so more information on what available and im sure you will get plenty of help here.

Thanks, I also thought that an enduro would be a place to start, what I want is to learn balancing and some easier obstacle courses.

There are only 4 active trial riders I know about here in Estonia :

Jaak Burk (Gas Gas 300)

Raul Ebber (Gas Gas 300)

T

Edited by AndreEst

Not sure of this will help you at all, but i will have a spare Beta techno frame for sale in the not too distant future. Dont know how that would fit in with your current plans but its a good straight frame with the headstock bearings, swingarm spindle and a few other small parts still in place.