Fourth For Dougie

dan williams

Fantastic start for Dougie... that 1st lap will have opened a few eyes! Win number 100 surely on the cards in 2008 as another 4-6 weeks of Beta familiarisation/tweaking will will add to the confidence gained last weekend. Who knows, I'd have a bet on him even doing it in Bangor this week!

Good luck Dougie...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Doug looked really serious yesterday. Certainly looked like the change has suited him.

He was unlucky on section 2 where he was a couple of seconds over time and made a real hash of section 11 (second lap) as well where others went clean.

All the riders made some "bad" 5's including Fuji who went head over heels on a small drop off in section 14. (Fortunately without injury)

I thought it was a great day out crowd around 4000 with good visibility of sections.

Only negative was the use of microphones so there was no shouting at riders in sections (obviously one exception!!!!!!) so this lost a bit in atmosphere.

Roll on the next round.

I'm surprised doug did so well. i recall bou saying when he moved to montesa how light and great the 4rt is compared to the beta. its only a matter of time before doug gets his 100th win to have this result reminds me of doug's rides back in 1997 (on the move up) i'm now thinking the beta is a lot better than what i thought at wtc level. i'm also surprised atom done so well on a beta. yes i'm a beta rider but i've no brand loyaty the beta is an old design and heavy but you can't argue with this result.

Edited by spud

......for a price.....

You organise the weather :P:D you find it hard enough to predict it ;):D

.........................by the way never like it too hot the first week in May as I de-hydrate, but this year hot and sunny as you like PLEASE !!!

Doug looked the best I've seen him ride for quite sometime. Looking very comfortable on the Beta. Perhaps if the predicted heavy rain had materialised, he may have just sneaked number 100. Whereas the very sunny conditions dried out the sections.

Could all be down to his new number 2 minder.