Swapping From Gas Gas To Scorpa...good Idea?

tjp

Hi guys, this has probably been asked/covered before so i apologise in advance if ti has, but im new to trials and am currently riding a gas gas pro 250 (2005) which rides brilliantly (not that i have too much to compare it too), however im not overly impressed with the build quality and am considering a swap to scorpa sy250, probably around the 2007 model, can any of you guys tell me how something like my gas gas would compare to the scorpa to ride?

Try one. I run an 07 SY250R and have ridden my mates 250 Gasser Pro. The Gasser definately feels lighter but is more skittish on rocks and I don't think it steers as well in the tight stuff. If reliability and build quality are more important than how heavy it feels then go for a Scorpa. They are not heavy...honestly.

As far as reliability is concerned, I have had mine now for 16 months from new and the only thing that has 'broken' was a self inflicted rear flap at

I went from GasGas to Scorpa and did not like it at all!

The Scorpa I had was a 2002 model and I just found it hard work especially over the moors.

Happy to be back on GasGas now, I ride hard easy or clubman type sections as well.

But good marks for reliability but gassers are good to work on!

But you really need to have a good long test ride to make your own mind up .

Ian

...gassers are good to work on!

True. If you like working on bikes, then gassers are good. If you would rather have dependability, and skip having to work on your bike, then Scorpa would be a good choice. I had 6 in a row, starting with 2001. Each year, better than the last, and always reliable, low maintenance bikes.