Oil Change In Aprilia 280 R?

ty250henry

Remove skid plate. The oil drain is on the right side of the engine. It should be an allan type.( Never remove the bolt on the left side of the bike as that is the detent and or kickstart spring unless you are removing k/s and shift shaft.) The fill is on top of the engine beside the carb and is quite ackward to get to. The manual calls for 1000cc, the small screw on the clutch cover is the level check.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally got round to doing the engine oil the bike is in bits! and have i think found the oil fill cap? if i was standing behind the bike looking on to the engine is the cap on the right bellow the exhaust system? and the oil used would it be standard 2 stroke engine oil?

Sorry to ask more questions just want to get it rite.

Many Thanks

Henry

Ok, so you have drained the gearbox/clutch oil Yes?

Now refill the gearbox with the correct amount (according to your manual) of light gear oil,using the cap which you identified earlier.

If you haven't drained the gearbox, you shouldn't need to top it up, however it is good practice to drain & change the gearbox oil every 10 or so rides, as the clutch shares this oil and gives it a good mashing.

This is not engine oil, it is gearbox oil.

Edited by t-shock 250

Thanks mate for great advise will sort it all out asap! Will be nice to sort it out will probably send the bike for a service soon. Just to keep it running nicley reli like the bike is gd fun to ride.

many Thanks

Henry :P