C15 Shock - Previous Experiance Required

nigelog

Hi, new to trials again and slightly out of the info loop as living in Ireland. Posted an intro which should explain most. Although there does not seem to be recognised pre 65 trials in Munster I do not see that as a reason to not try to prepare my recent purchase to it's potential. Last owner has done a fabulous job, but it is always difficult to know what is needed. My first instinct is to replace the items difficult to judge wear upon - needle and jets- replace plug and adjust tappets. Starts 5/6 kicks but would love to get it in 2. Info on expected compression reading would be invaluable as therein lies the wallet factor. My major concen at present is shocks. I have left forks as is, as a renewal of oil has brought them back to the land of the living but I need to replace rear shocks. I have investigated betor/falcon? and have also been offered lightweight alu models. For a bike that is primarily going to see rough roads, but i would like to aim (and get over) the occasional ditch what would be best value. Also if anyone can suggest an introduction to trials at this end of ireland it would be most appreciated. rgds and i'll always ak anyway. nog

Sorry, should have been posted on pre 65. Although most shock questions have been answered via another post. Will try betor as they say the will adjust to rider weight. 40lbs spring for a 12 stone novice with change out of 96 delivered to Ireland. Beats others asked by 50 quid. rgds

For a bit of a discussion on shocks have a look in the twinshock forum under the topic of 'Bultaco Sherpa shocks' as the same will apply to your bike. Also, if you look back through the twinshock or Pre65 forum topics you should find quite a few discussions on shocks which should give you a few ideas

Hi Woody

I found that discussion and it did indeed answer all of my questions. I think I will try the economical Betor until something convinces me lightweight alu or another make are preferable at a higher price. Many thanks