B4o Swingarm

davetom

Cheers Charlie. I ask because I found an old Classic Bike mag (sep 1990) with a feature on a nice C15/B40 bike ridden by a Trevor Kemp. It says that the frame is C15, modified to take a B40 swingarm as this is ` wider and less likely to clog`?

Hi Guy's.

Hi Dave, I still think the origanal frames had the same arms,perhaps the frame was modified to take a swinging arm from the later frames I.E. the C15T from 1965, or the same as fitted to the GB army bikes. It could be done? in fact I am contemplating useing one of these for my next project OIF Triumph Tiger Cub. You would need outriger plates and some spacers made to fit one to a old type frame. this arm is the same weight as an Ariel HT box section arm. so I am torn between the two which to use. See the problems when you start modifieing things.

Rgard's Charlie.

Hi, Guy's

Hi Dave,

The C15T that we have, has had both fork tubes cut off at the casting, moved out what looks like about half an inch both sides and then bronze welded back on to what looks like machined blocks that have been brazed on to the casting first. A lot of work? I spent hours converting the Triumph cub swinging arm for the Scott Ellis replica bike that I am building. When I could just have used the welded framed swinging arm as on Pat Slinn's bike. but Scott used a Cub arm so I was told, so it had to be that. I will try and work out how to fit one of the later arms to a older frame when I am in the workshop today and get a few dimentions. and will post later.

Regard's Charlie.