Dirt Bike Magazine Scorpa Test

sirhc

Check out the June issue of Dirt Bike magazine for a test on the Scorpa 125 4 stroke. It's great to see trials bikes out there in the main stream motorcycle press. If you look with a magnifying glass and squint your eyes really hard you can almost see one of my stickers behind the TY-S125F sticker. :banana2:

What do you guys think of 125's to compete on here in the USA? Not necessarily at the national level, but regular club events. My son rode a new 08 Beta 125 for the first time tonight (he has 2008 Beta 250 now) and absolutely fell in love with it. He is currently a novice, and is 5'10", 160lbs. He said that the 125 was so much easier to ride and felt like he would drop less points right off of the bat.

Try before you buy.

It is a great observers bike. :banana2:

Don't knock em unless you try one. The latest 125's (2T or 4T) are quite surprising. Dabster, weren't you the one who panned the 4RT a couple of years ago? I see you are on one now. Try one.

Please give more details of the 125 two stroke hadn't heard of that before?

There are faults on the 4rt but there are some really good points too which vastly outweigh the defects. I have been on a 125 Scorpa just long enough to know its probably not the best choice for many.

So try before you buy and compare it to a 200 beta or 250 Sherc or gas gas cos then you will know.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

When i had the 125 Sherco for the wife, I put her on a 125 Scorps long ride with the seat, thinking she may well like it.

She came back a while later stating what a heavy pig it was! Oh well!

Yet I have seen master riders clean every section on them, something I could never do, but maybe the bigger displacements are better I would think! :wall: