Xispa Flick

ham2

In this video clip Cobos is doing a fab' little flick at the top of the hill.

I remember Cobos has had knee problems in the past(like me) so I reckon with the correct technique I might be able to give this a try(ambitious, I know!).

Anyhow..what i need to know is :- what is he doing to the bike to make it do that?

I mean, clutch?timing?body weighting?peg loading?

I realize there are many factors here which have to come together and I'm asking a lot to have anyone explain it all in words but any tips would be appreciated.

I've attempted (pitifully) this technique before and the stress on my knees was unbearable. :D

Cheers,

Wayne

In this video clip Cobos is doing a fab' little flick at the top of the hill.

I remember Cobos has had knee problems in the past(like me) so I reckon with the correct technique I might be able to give this a try(ambitious, I know!).

Anyhow..what i need to know is :- what is he doing to the bike to make it do that?

I mean, clutch?timing?body weighting?peg loading?

I realize there are many factors here which have to come together and I'm asking a lot to have anyone explain it all in words but any tips would be appreciated.

I've attempted (pitifully) this technique before and the stress on my knees was unbearable. :D

Cheers,

Wayne

Stretching the Hip Rotators will help with the stress on your knees

Stretch 1

Stretch 2

Stretch 3

I use all these before doing my bikes displays, without them i do 360's no problem. If i want a 720 i have to really switch the muscles on using the second exercise/stretch.

I'll try and get my head around explaining how to do it on a motorbike but like most things its probably easier learning it on a bike!!

I know from when i used to ride BMX that you've gotta turn your head, if your looking straight ahead when you try and turn your body and bike round then your not gonna go anywhere ! lol

Its the same principle as when the freestyle moto-x guys do back flips, they always throw their heads back, if they don't, they don't make it !

I'm trying to pull these off myself at the moment but so far have only managed a small amount of movement of the bike (was so much easier on a BMX.hahahaha)

Rob.

I know from when i used to ride BMX that you've gotta turn your head, if your looking straight ahead when you try and turn your body and bike round then your not gonna go anywhere ! lol

Rob.

Good tip Rob,

I see what you mean ..if you look at one of the still photos of Cobos (with the Montesa tents!!!!) in mid-air you can see him looking around in the direction he intends to land...nice one :D

More replies please.

Edited by HAM2

• 1 month later...