Eberspacher Cab Heaters

rapid roy

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted one to an old Transit I had serveral years ago. The basic fittment was fairly straight forward and once working was absolutley fantastic. On a freezing cold day having finished a tough national it was great to climb into a warm van to srip and change - beats trying to balance on your shoes outside the car with wind and rain lashing against you. By the time you've got your clean clothes on they have draped all across the floor and look as dirty as your riding gear!

The biggest problem with my heater though, it was 24v!! I had to do some pretty complicated wiring to run 2 batteries in series whilst in use, but switch to parallel whilst traveling to charge at 12v with a split relay!

Despite insulating mine and fitting away from the bed it still used to wake me every time it cut in if you had to keep it on overnight. Make sure you put the control panel so you can reach it from bed (if you have sleeping). I used to wrap up warm with good sleeping bag and duvet and only put the heater on in the morning.