Sun Inn 3 Day Classic Trial - Aug Bank Holiday

lee harris

So the boat ticket is booked, I know roughly where it is, i know whos running it (Bill Pye) and the 340 fantic should be serviced in time. I know Bilco is going and a few other yorkshire boys too. What else do i need to know?

I will be tenting it on site, which I am told is ok.

Is it primative or are there any loos?

I understand, that the pub sells beer and no food. Good for some but what about eating over 3 days? Any recommendations? Can I use throw away bar-b-q to grill some steaks?

If it is wet, am i gonna get stuck on the parking?

what about the sections? who has ridden it? hard/easy? I know its all the same route scored over 3 days.

any pictures out there?

Lee

Hi Lee.

You decided to rough it then,sorry i had to opt for the farm house with a nice bed in it just down the road.

On the reg's it say's on the camping site there's an SAS style toilet and water if you don't mind pumping it out the ground yourself,i've been told thats normal for up that way.

Anyway after my nice hot shower i'll come back down to the site and join you for a beer in the evening.

Just checked the reg's it say's there is loo's and water on site.so you should be ok for the basic's.

Im down for riding the twinshock class,i guess your have to ride the same class as we've got money on this one.

Edited by bilc0

steve can you pm me your phone number? When and how are you going up? Got space in the van to take a bike? Or just back? I need to talk as matey in devon wants to come but has no bike. I could bring a spare but I have an enfield to bring home so my spare would have to go to devon.

see ya

Lee

On the reg's it say's on the camping site there's an SAS style toilet and water if you don't mind pumping it out the ground yourself,i've been told thats normal for up that way.

:D The SAS normally sh!t in a bag and take it with them, so don't buy the cheap ones from Aldi B)

:P The SAS normally sh!t in a bag and take it with them, so don't buy the cheap ones from Aldi :D

Hahaha.

Im taking him up one of those Biobag's and tell him he has put it in he's pocket after he's used it then.

Be sure not to tell him though. B)

Edited by bilc0

Hi Lee,

The Sun Inn at Bilsdale was my first trial in the 70's. The car park field is fine for camping unless you already have a proper camp site to go to. There are not many farm houses in that area, you can always try Chop Gate, about 3 km back toward Stokesly for pub accommodation, and a pie and pint. Should be ok weather wise this time of year, loooong nights. Check out Helsmley, not too far away, great place for a visit and has a Norman castle too. Also, Rievaulx Abbey is just down the road from you and worth a look, part of the UK heritage. Bit odd really as when I were 20 I wasn't bothered with these places, just the riding.

Superb trials area, lots of rocky becks and climbs, would be nice to ride there again.

Ta ta, PeterB.

Thanks Peter for the Info, am really looking forward to it.

@Bilco. Matey boy from devon is not coming but I might still need your offer of taking a fantic back to devon....i could then come over for the dartmoor 2 day and ride it then....I will call.

Do you need any cigarettes or tobacco...cheaper over here still?

Lee

this is one of the greatest multi day events you can possibly ride.

the location is good (although its a shame they lost the other side of the valley!)

the pub is way too handy (yes you do go back in time when you enter!)

and the sections are good.

it all adds up to a great trial.

i've been going there for years (i count 15 now i think)