Scorpa Syr And Beta Rev3

spud

I've got a 2008 SYR and a 2007 Rev3 (both 250cc 2t's) and both bikes have there strengths and weaknesses. From my own riding perspective i'd like to know if any of you guys know how i can improve both bikes to suit my riding style, which is a novice hopper. Firstly the SYR: The rear wheel does not hop that easy left and right (not as easy as the beta) what adjustments can i make to rear shock to make it more bouncy? Secondly the Rev3: The clutch is still too snatchy i've tried three different brands of gear box oil but neither make any difference to how the clutch operates, or as smooth as the SYR?

Edited by spud

I've got a 2008 SYR and a 2007 Rev3 (both 250cc 2t's) and both bikes have there strengths and weaknesses. From my own riding perspective i'd like to know if any of you guys know how i can improve both bikes to suit my riding style, which is a novice hopper. Firstly the SYR: The rear wheel does not hop that easy left and right (not as easy as the beta) what adjustments can i make to rear shock to make it more bouncy? Secondly the Rev3: The clutch is still too snatchy i've tried three different brands of gear box oil but neither make any difference to how the clutch operates, or as smooth as the SYR?

On the SYR change the damping on the shock so that it returns faster, if that doesnt work try winding up the spring a little.

On the beta move the lever down the handlebar so its nearer the handlebar clamp. Also check the beta forum as Dan Williams mentioned previously removing two of the springs and filing the clutch plate tabs.

On the SYR change the damping on the shock so that it returns faster, if that doesnt work try winding up the spring a little.

On the beta move the lever down the handlebar so its nearer the handlebar clamp. Also check the beta forum as Dan Williams mentioned previously removing two of the springs and filing the clutch plate tabs.

Excellent, the damper on the SYR was about 1.5 turns from being fully in so i turned it out 1 turn and its made a noticable difference. I've moved the clutch lever towards the handlebar clamps and again its made a noticable difference for the better - many thanks

Edited by spud