New On The Forum

edouard

Hi all

New to the forum, I have already posted (how rude) without introducing myself.

Place of living : New Zealand, Wellington

PLace for Holidays : France, south West

Place where I will die : most probably New Zealand

I have both citizenship though I tried to sale my french passport to Oussama, he did not want it ! :rotfl:

I am geologist but moved away from being a scientist for a decent job (where at least you get paid for what you do)

Anyway, I am 43 in few month, have too many kids and not enough bikes (DRZ400E, Montesa 315R, Aprilia 250RX 1986)

I am a crap trialist :

I usually use super8 to shoot stuff for youtube (see drdoud, with a Super8 on the ISDE in Taupo NZ).

That's about it really. Cheers

Edouard

Place where I will die : most probably New Zealand

Well that's a cheerful introduction

I am geologist

Ah, that explains the "cheerful introduction"

Edouard, I'm up in Akl, where's it's wet. Very wet. There's a few TC members up here, Andrew Meissner, Peter Boettcher, Ian "hopalong" Braithwaite to name a few.

There's also a few scientists on the board, Slapshot, who's a meterologist in Scotland. That's why all the forecasts are wrong. He plays on very big computers. Dan Brown in Tennessee, he's a soil mechanic, I bugger around with particle accelerators (but I'm an engineer) and Andrew Meissners a pathologist.

Edited by TooFastTim

Bonjour Edouard,

Ca va?

C'est moi, Pierre ici. Let me know if you have not already got in touch with the trials lads in Wgtn, they are a good bunch. I just had a look at the you toob link, you're good at making it look like you really are falling off that small bunch of logs.

Au revoir, PeterB.

I am geologist but moved away from being a scientist for a decent job (where at least you get paid for what you do)

That's about it really. Cheers

Edouard

Edouard,

Both my parents are retired petroleum geologists. I think that this is the reason I am a petroleum engineer. They found it and I had to figure out how to recover it. My son-in-law is a chemical engineer for Total.

Welcome to the trials family.

From the video it looks like you are having fun.

DFW

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Sorry completely missed your welcoming messages.... I have been back at the office with work up to my back teeth.

Tried to get rid of the fat I accumulated in France, went on my DRZ in Karapoti yesterday (for the NZers who know the place!), managed to bugger myself, the bike and my helmet :thumbup:

Took the day off for recovery.

Sorry for the non new zelanders, but where the heck can I find a calndar with trials events around wellington ????

Although my Montesa is in France, but the idea of getting one here, on top of the DRz and the Aprilia is seriously tempting...

Cheers

E

Bonjour Edouard,

The Wellington area have a strong trials club called Ixion MCC - Google it. There is a calendar with events on there. Next big event is the 3 day Nationals in Alexandra over Labour weekend. Should be a few club trials on before then.

Let me know if you need a contact person in the area, I can PM you the guy's phone number.

What part of Wgtn are you in?

Bye, PeterB.