Gas Gas Or Sherco Differences?

gi125

hi,

i might sell my 125 sherco because it is allways playing up :D

so when i sell itthere are a couple of bikes for sale

there is an 08 sherco 125 or a gas gas 125 raga racing

sooo does ayone know what the differences are between them ex.weight and stuff like that

hi,

i might sell my 125 sherco because it is allways playing up <_<

so when i sell itthere are a couple of bikes for sale

there is an 08 sherco 125 or a gas gas 125 raga racing

sooo does ayone know what the differences are between them ex.weight and stuff like that

thanks ;)

The Sherco will have better torque, better for most riders in my thinking. Also typically require less major maintenance. :thumbup:

If you're just replacing it because it's unreliable, it may be worth looking at those reasons more extensively (if you haven't already). I have an 04 290 and an 05 80 and couldn't really imagine more reliable machines.

Obviously there are problems from time to time, but generally from physical bashing than any failure on Sherco's part.

I've got no particular illigence to Sherco, I'm fairly open minded, not in to bashing a bike just because I own a different one. I used to have gripes with GasGas but it was long ago and I know they sorted the problems I had.

I do feel that the Sherco motor, and especially gearbox is slightly more sturdy that the Gasser.

Let us know what your existing problems are anyway.

the probalems is that it has all different sorts of problems when i bought it had not well maintained

soo me and me dad cleaned it up but after every trial that i have done it has had a problem

like last week the cluthch just went ,front brake wernt wornking

there is a big rattle when its on tick over

and now sometimes it wont start in gear

ad its still smokey

soo my dad sed its best to sell it because it is just givin us hastle to work on it all day soo its gd for a trials then it justt goes wrong

soo yea,

Buying a bike that's beat will be trouble no matter what brand it is. I've seen good reliability from Shercos except for the rear shock. If you buy another used bike check it out before plunking down the money. You will usually get what you pay for as trials riders are pretty savvy as to the value of their machine. If you buy used buy a senior rider's bike. Usually much lower wear and tear and they have the money and experience to maintain the bike.

If you buy used buy a senior rider's bike. Usually much lower wear and tear and they have the money and experience to maintain the bike.

That's a damned good point. You see many old timers around who've never been above half throttle, then spend all week pottering round the garage, blinging it up for next week.

I dunno who put this link in but it's obviously got nothing to do with this thread ;)