Scott Trial

perce

The entries for the 2008 Scott Trial are due to close next weekend & there are still some places left for those wanting to ride the toughest one day Trial. Entry details this year were not posted out & have only been available from the Clubs website & for one reason or another this has been poorly publicised. Christine Wallis the event secretary can be contacted by email or by phone on 01748 825844

Apologies for my ignorance, but where does the Scott start from? Coming up to spectate this year and need to sort out some accomodation.

Will you be posting your usual spectators guide? I am bringing my trail bike. I realise I can't take it anywhere I wouldn't take the car, just easier for parking etc and more fun.

Cheers

Dave

The start is just off the Richmond to Markse road to the West of Richmond, approx 3 miles. For accomodation try to get somewhere in or near Richmond. Part of the Scott experience is the 'night do' which will again be held at Richmond Cricket Club, this is close to the town centre, there's normally a charity auction & then the results are announced in reverse order. The club has no issues with people following the event round on Trail bikes as long as they stick to the roads, infact more Trail bikes & less cars would certainly ease the congestion problems. To be honest the spectator guide from last year will just be about spot on for this year, the main spectator attractions stay the same most of the time & it's the bits in between that get tweeked & altered.

I've two bit's of Scott news:-

1 - Due to a new deadline been offered by the printers that RMC use, we are able to delay the riding numbers ballot until Thursday evening 11th of September. Please note this isn't a ballot to see if you get a ride, all those that have entered prior to today will ride, the ballot is to decide riding numbers only. Please don't ring the secretary up just to see if you've got a ride or what your number will be, all this information will be published in due course.

2 - I've been told today that Fujigas has entered. So if you want to have that one off opportunity of riding in an event alongside two World Trials Champions take your chance now! There are still a few places available, download entry details & or contact the event secretary as per the links above.

I was going to try and get a short video interview with Fuji about the Scott yesterday after the podium, but after the thing with the protest and him being moved from second to fourth I wasn't going to disturb him. Maybe next weekend in Spain...