Ahrma Rules?

mcman56

I have just bought a pre 65 BSA C15 that will need some serious reviving to be ridable. Wheel and fork replacement may be easier than working with what is there. The AHRMA rules seem to allow any pre 1975 forks and wheels? Is this correct? Does this mean I could use early 70's Japanese or Spanish forks and wheels? If nothing else, it would allow me to ride while I revive the original parts.

13.2.1 TIRES AND WHEELS Any pre-1975 hubs and any type of rim from the proper era for that machine are acceptable. Only the Modern Classic class may use pre-1980 components.

<snip>

13.2.4 No major components may be later than 1974 (specifically, engine, frame, gearbox, forks and hubs). Only Modern Classic may use components later than 1974 (but limited to pre-1980). Hydraulically assisted brakes and clutches are prohibited.

13.2.6 ALL MODIFICATIONS MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE CLASS. Period modifications have been extensively documented and machines with obvious non-period or excessive modifications will be disqualified or required to compete in the next-higher-level class.

13.2.7 When entering a “special” constructed from various pre-1974 components of different classes and eras, the machine must be entered in the latest class that either the chassis or the engine dictates. Example: Triumph Cub engine in a Bultaco frame rides in the Modern Classic class. Otter type chassis are not allowed in Premier and must run in Classic or Modern Classic.

It doesn't seem like it would be a problem, unless of course you are winning all the events and someone decides to snivel. ;)

The trials folk seem less inclined to snivel, but it is never a good idea to push the rules envelope too vigorously.

cheers,

Michael