Help Identifying A Bultaco

motofire

Hi

Its not an M80 the frame, fork lower clamp and engine are later.

The frame has the centre post below the seat and the engine has the later wider fins. That frame was fitted to later Sherpas M91 -92 but with that engine to m150 - 151. Most of this series were fitted with the boomerang exhaust so as this one has the clubfoot I'd say it is a late 150 - 151.

Tim

Hi again

Are you thinking of buying this bike? Its the last of the slimline models and if it is the 325cc the engine is a cracker. The next Sherpas, the 158 -159 has a seperate seat and aluminium tank and were not nearly so pretty. In the UK fiberglass had been banned for use on road bikes and many of this model was supplied with a 'homerlite' seat and tank unit in blue (as on the front of the Haynes Bultaco Sherpa manual).

If you are buying or own this bike the tank unit needs packing up away from the frame (or a hole will wear through pretty quick) and more importantly away from the exhaust which will damage the fiberglass. The mudguards should be aluminium and the rear one should wrap all the way around to the swing arm (with cut out for the chain guard).

Ride it across the pond and I'll buy it!

Tim

If you are buying or own this bike the tank unit needs packing up away from the frame (or a hole will wear through pretty quick) and more importantly away from the exhaust which will damage the fiberglass.

It'll burn a hole in the tank, don't ask me how I know... :thumbup:

I used pipe insulation and that worked great.