No Power

rlg

I purchased the 16.5 for my grandson a few months ago and just rode it for the 1st time last week. I seemed fine an we rode around the back yard until the batteries started to weaken. I put it on the charger and when I got it out tonight it there was no power. It would barely carry my 50 lb. grandson around the yard. I put it back on the charger and when the light turned ""green" I tried again, same results. I get my voltmeter and 1 battery checked 12.98 volts and the other checked 13.12. I lost all the paper work during a recent move so I'm in the dark on further troubleshooting.

So - does anyone have a scanned copy of the original owners manual and has anyone faced s similar problem. Thanks.

Rick Graves

765-452-9365

To me it sounds like a bad throttle.

What year is the bike?

What does the indicators on the throttle show for power?

The batteries need to charge 12 hours or more for the first few charges. I always charge ours over night....but I would bet its a bad throttle.

You will need to trace the throttle wire back to see if you have a 2 connector throttle or a single connector throttle.

Sorry no scanned copies.

Thanks

What year is the bike?

The bike was new within the year. Serial #OSET0700571

What does the indicators on the throttle show for power?

The 3 lights show full power when sitting still but they all go out and the "empty" light comes on as soon as I twist the throttle.

The batteries need to charge 12 hours or more for the first few charges. I always charge ours over night....but I would bet its a bad throttle.

It was on the charger for about a week between the last time we rode and the problem showed up.

You will need to trace the throttle wire back to see if you have a 2 connector throttle or a single connector throttle.

? Taking the cover off the wiring shows a blue and an orange wire leading to the twist portion.

Make sure that the batteries are hooked in series . It's a 24VDC motor . I have an extra set of batteries that I charge separately. ( O.E. charger took a C##p ) have to make a mental note to hook them up back proper . It's easy to get the jumpers crossed . :thumbup:

FWIW