Ty250r Tank Decals

worldtrialchamp

The only Yamaha decals that were successful on the plastic fuel tank are the type with the foil backing. KTM also used this decal system on their bikes many years ago. Not sure if they are available now or not.

Problem is that the plastic tank allows 'fuel vapour release' through the plastic itself and that is what attacks the decal.

Big John

• 3 months later...

I'm getting some Yam TY250 'Pinky' stickers made by Frank Thornton at MXM. They will be to motocross quality - thick, tough, very close replicas to the originals and with small perforated holes to allow the vapour to escape without bubbling the sticker. He has taken ages to make them and I still haven't got them. Quality will be superb - I've used the same spec stickers on my motocross bikes for years and they last and last. I thought I would get about 10 made and hen sell some on eBay.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll let you know how much - probably about

• 1 year later...

I'm getting some Yam TY250 'Pinky' stickers made by Frank Thornton at MXM. They will be to motocross quality - thick, tough, very close replicas to the originals and with small perforated holes to allow the vapour to escape without bubbling the sticker. He has taken ages to make them and I still haven't got them. Quality will be superb - I've used the same spec stickers on my motocross bikes for years and they last and last. I thought I would get about 10 made and hen sell some on eBay.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll let you know how much - probably about

Hi,

Yes, I got them made by MXM and fitted them about a year ago to my TY mono. They are still stuck on perfectly after a year of use - they are thick - motocross quality and perforated so there have been no bubbles, marks or tears. In that respect the quality is excellent. However, whilst they started off as bright white, they are now fairly badly stained from the fuel - just like the tanks go. I've just got Caswell's plastic tank liner/sealant which evidently stops the vapour from the fuel coming through the plastic, so I am going to try that and then put another set of the MXM stickers on. They are also quite expensive I think - they did them cheaply for me because I sent them the originals.

If you email me I could send you pictures of the stickers on my bike (ar@challoners.com) - I can't work out how to upload pictures onto this site.

Best wishes - Alan

Edited by Roester