Ford Transit Thoughts

biffsgasgas

I am super psyched about the Transit Connect comming to the States.

As long as we don't ba$tardize it like the Focus it should be a good thing.

Ford Transit

I have always liked the Sprinter unfortunately I don't work for that company.

I do work for this one but have not had an opprotunity (yet) to put it through the paces.

I don't think that we will get the diesel but I have a couple of questions for you EU boys/girls

It looks like it will take two bikes. Am I correct?

It looks like i could put a full size cot in there maybe two. Have you done this?

I would guess that a bunch of you use these. I am not worried about the whole reliability thing. I am on the fix it end of that.

What is the overall use ability of this thing for what we do?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

--Biff

Ford Transit

I do work for this one but have not had an opprotunity (yet) to put it through the paces.

I don't think that we will get the diesel but I have a couple of questions for you EU boys/girls

It looks like i could put a full size cot in there maybe two. Have you done this?

I would guess that a bunch of you use these. I am not worried about the whole reliability thing. I am on the fix it end of that.

--Biff

Hi Biff

The car is good. We have about 2000 of them at my work.. :huh:

I have not tried to put trials bikes into them, but studying the measurements I have my doubts that it takes two. At least the "normal" sized Connect. The measurements are Max length:1739 mm Max height: 1193 mm With between wheel boxes: 1226 mm.

My GasGas is 2050 mm long with front wheel straight and about 1180 mm high. I tryed once to put two GG`es in a VW Caravelle with 1900 mm long cargo room and that was a tight fit.

But the Connect also come in a "long and high" version with these measurements: Max lenght 1986 mm and max hight 1384 mm. I think that should be perfect.

-Jan

Ford Transit

--Biff

Regardless of all the above, any euro van will be much easier at speed hold the road better and on the twisty bits leading up to venues on smaller roads much better than the yank stuff. Economy should be good but you will need high and long I think for the two bikes.

• 4 weeks later...