I Never Thought This Would Be My First Post But...

frodge

my friends gas gas jtr 160 has been stolen from a lock up container in cumbria last night along with some copper and a trailer , the bike is a 1996 model in yellow and athough i dont have the chassis number at the moment i do know the previous owners so i should be able to get it.

it has the usual scars but some of its identificating features are

the back fender has been bent back and cracked almost completely across and was repaired with a piece of plate underneath and riveted in place

, it also has annodised bar clamps

, the stopwatch in the tank plastic is missing ,

the front brake is rubbish ,

the engine makes a clicking noise when running like the kickstart is trying to engage ,

the seat rubber has been replaced by a badly cut peice of imitation carbon fibre ,

the front tyre valve is barely sticking thru the hole in the front wheel due to the valve cap

and the inside of the exhaust has been repaired where the tyre has rubbed it .

i realise there are probably a lot of things on this list which may be normal or easily fixed but you never know someone may look at the bike and it may make them think twice bout buying it and may just help us get it back and the theivin litle s***s nicked.

if anyone has any info at all then please dont hesitate to mail me

if i think of anything else i will add it later.

• 4 months later...

Mate, i've just got a bike with that clicking noise, but its a Sherco 250. It only happends when you blip the throttle if i recall. If this is true with your bike, please say as someone else may find a jtr 160 with that problem but think all the asthetical problems have been corrected. These robbers are smart, they would cover up such big identifying features such as those cracks etc but wouldn't bother with the engine as they arent clever enough to fix an engine and it could be an expensive job so they don't wanna loose money.