Fast And Slow Dominos

godzilla

I have been wondering for a while what the difference between fast and slow throttles is. i have only ever used the fast (white tube) ones, and i was thinking of trying a slow one just to see how it feels. any advice would be good as i would hate to buy one put some grips on and find it is useless. my bike is a syr with a jap spec flywheel and advanced timeing. cheers..

My 08 rev3 came fitted with a fast throttle. I had lots of problems initially (my first modern bike after 25 yrs out of the sport) as the power seemed to be coming in really fast and fierce causing me to lose traction where I really didn't want to.

I changed to a slow action throttle as the first measure to try and tame things down and have found that this was all I have needed to do. The way the power comes in has eased dramatically and its easier to have some finesse with the throttle control. Traction control is much improved.

After a while when I thought i had got used to it, I changed back - thinking that a fast throttle would make it easier to control with less wrist movement whilst riding and covering both levers. I still found that the power still came in way too fast with a 'rush' after a certain throttle opening, causing the back wheel to lose traction when I didn't want it to and it decreased my overall control and was not conducive to a smooth ride.

Slow throttle gets my vote - at my standard anyway.

basically a slow action throttle is to compensate for having less or not too good throttle control as the throttle has to be turned more in order to get the same amount of throttle as the fast action one. I personally prefer the fast action one as it can be used for both slow, steady movements with only a small amount of movement or when needed to it can be whacked onto full revs quickly but i ride the hard route so that could alter my view.