2003 Sy 250

kimpybugalugs

Hi All

One of these is for sale in my area.

I ride old trials bikes (TY175 & TLM200) and don't know much about these modern bikes.

The price seems reasonable. Are they any good (compared to other bikes of same vintage)? Any known problems? Reliability issues?

It could be the start of my modern trials career?

Thanks in advance for any info or comment.

I have an 03. I like it. If you get one you should get the new wider/deeper front disc and pads. These make the front brakes more progressive and less likely to throw you over the bars. A rear carbon fiber exhaust silencer guard is a good idea. Since it is an 03 the middle exhaust has probably blown out and been re-welded already. The new flat bash plate is a worthwhile. The clutch adjustment can be a little tricky as was designed for a cable linkage and Scorpa has adapted a slave cylinder to operate the clutch lever arm. All in all a good bike.

Cheers

DFW

Try ad find the TYS125 four stroke. Easier to ride, less power and more forgiving. It's what I returned to after a long break, my last was TY175 too, and I love the TYS.

JonC

Hi All

One of these is for sale in my area.

I ride old trials bikes (TY175 & TLM200) and don't know much about these modern bikes.

The price seems reasonable. Are they any good (compared to other bikes of same vintage)? Any known problems? Reliability issues?

It could be the start of my modern trials career?

Thanks in advance for any info or comment.

(One of these is for sale in my area.) Is that the one on trademe if so I would buy it as its a good price if it wasn't in the South Island I would buy it myself, bullet proof motor etc!

Yes it is.

My problem is too many bikes at the moment - but when I see what looks like a good deal I get very tempted. I might have a look in the week if it hasn't gone. At least then I'll know what else is needed.