Scottish Newbie

andyg2764

Hi Everyone,

As the title states i am new to the site and after some info regarding getting started, local clubs / Contacts / places to ride etc etc. im currently looking at purchasing a Cota 247 and wondered if anyone has any info on them etc also.

I live in Prestonpans near Edinburgh so if anyone has any contact details or indeed goes out riding themselves would love some help etc.

Hope to hear from you soon

Andy

Edited by andyg2764

I don't know about areas to practice there - not much I suspect, but it's a bit if a dead corner as far as events go since the Edinburgh based clubs stopped running trials in East Lothian. You will have to go to Fife or West Lothian in Scotland or the N/E Centre in England for events.

Life will be hard for a beginner on an old Cota. The trials that have twinshock classes along with the modern stuff don't often seem to make any concessions as far as I can tell. For what a good 247 would cost overall, or not a lot more, I would have thought you could get a reasonable modern bike that would allow you to progress quicker and be easier on the body. Whatever - good luck and welcome to the fold.

THERE IS A TRIAL BEING RUN BY BEDLINGTON MOTOR CLUB NEAR ROTHBURY,NORTHUMBERLAND IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. LOOK IN THE CALEMDER LISTING FOR 7TH DEC. COME DOWN AND HAVE A LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON. THERE IS ALSO A DEALER IN ATTENDANCE THAT WOULD GIVE YOU ADVICE ON BIKE PURCHACES ETC. BEST OF LUCK. MIKE

Hi Everyone,

As the title states i am new to the site and after some info regarding getting started, local clubs / Contacts / places to ride etc etc. im currently looking at purchasing a Cota 247 and wondered if anyone has any info on them etc also.

I live in Prestonpans near Edinburgh so if anyone has any contact details or indeed goes out riding themselves would love some help etc.

Hope to hear from you soon

Andy

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Andy

The old Woolmet railway is not far from you.

A lot of enduro riders use this land but a there are a few trials bikes and we have made some sections. Good for practice and Sundays the best day.

W