The Perfect Vintage Trial

alan_nc

Group,

Started a new thread as things get lost/or change the meaning of old threads.

Specific to Tony's latest Blog comments: Good comments all from someone who has "walked the walk". On the difficulty of Loops. We have commented on making them more rider friendly... Something we haven't mentioned is making them more spectator friendly. Wouldn't we all be happier if family/friends on some little pit bike could ride out and watch us "clear" a section.

It was mentioned that this (the AHRMA Trials Series) was a national championship. Well maybe, but with the distance between events you are going to have to be self employed, retired, unemployed or have a very understanding boss to make it to more than 3 or 4. "You" may see it as a national championship but I really think most of us just see it as a chance to ride Vintage Trials.

And by the way: Ed, you did a fantastic job. I really hope it was worth it to you and will pay off for AHRMA.

Alan

Alan , I do beleive there is one small flaw in your pit bike idea ... At every event I've EVER been to , No bikes unless being ridden by registered competitors , or staff , minders etc. is allowed to be riden anywhere ... You know ins., pit racing , etc...

If you want to do a event that is TOTALLY spectator friendly , make it to Paul Thistle's STRA round at Track Rock Near Blairsville , Georgia ...

Except for the snow this spring , (which was a blast to ride in !!! ) His location is about perfect ! If memory serves I don't think there was a section more than a 1/2 mile from the pits , if that . And some Fantastic sections too ! for all the classes ... ( every one was just a little different every loop , not that the snow/ice and mud had anything to do with it ... B) )

Glenn ;)

PS ! happy turkey day !

Edited by axulsuv