51 Year Old Newby

docktor

I am new to this forum thing . Just bought a new gasgas 250, have I got the right bike for a novice, born again trials rider

Yea, welcome!

The 250 is a perfect bike for you. The main idea is to have fun and learn to laugh a lot (I'm 66 and still having a good time) and you'll find that Trials riders are a great bunch of people to ride with. I know riders over 70 that still compete in National events so don't worry (the 70 year old riders can usually outride me!)

Cheers.

Jon

I am a mere 40 & currently out of the scene in practice but will be back when time permits. I just wanted to say that it is great to see middle aged and older riders getting back into it, and I think it's refreshing. I like to think of Trials as a motorcycle sport which appeals to all ages and allows for any of those ages to develop and compete. I would hate to think that it retires people from participating on the basis of age, like allot of other sports. I guess I am saying that I like to think of it as much a senior mans leisure as it is also an indoor arena sport that only the younger riders can ever aspire to. Or to put it another way, if the older members of the Royal family can still ride horses for leisure, why should not a retired bloke enjoy a trials bike (I'm not assuming you are retired, but to make the point).

This is the beauty of trials, it is by other definitions of motor sport, I suppose quite eccentric by it's nature & can be as gental or extreme as one wants it to be for them...so for all you older geezers who have thought of giving it a go...get on board and enjoy yourself. Personally I always prefered the flat cap and tweeds look to the power ranger spandex look anyway:D